- M.A. English, M.A. Teaching
Salem State University, Salem MA
GPA of 3.96
Thesis: “Object of Vision”: Non-Consensual Photographic Representations of Sexual Assault
Advisor: Roopika Risam
- B.A. English
Minor in Education
State University of New York at Albany, Albany, NY
Preliminary License, English (8-12), Massachusetts Office of Educator Licensure
Sheltered English Immersion (SEI) Endorsement
2017-present English Teacher
Malden High School, Malden, MA
Teach one section of Grade 11CP English and four sections of Grade 12 CP and Honors English; design and present units based on the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks; communicate effectively with parents, informing parents of students’ progress
2016-2017 English Teacher
Haverhill High School, Haverhill, MA
Taught one section of Grade 10 CP English, two sections of Grade 10 Honors English, and two sections of Grade 12 CP English; implemented units based on the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks, preparing students for MCAS; collaborated with Special Education teacher to create plans and strategies for students.
Spring 2016 Student Teacher
Newburyport High School, Newburyport, MA
Taught one section of Grade 10 Honors English and two sections of Grade 12 CP English; planned and presented units on rhetoric and Animal Farm, Night and traumatic memory, and Macbeth and gender studies; adapted film project for students with diverse need.
2015-2016 Behavior Therapist
2013-2015 Assistant Behavior Therapist
BEACON ABA Services, Milton, MA
Created and implemented individual plans for children with Autism in order to meet their social and academic goals; collaborated with ABA team to establish plans and strategies for children.
- Making Audio Accessible: Teaching Transcription as Composition. Presented with Kate Artz and Danah Hashem at NCTE's New England Summer Conference on College Composition & Communication: Sharing Best Practices at Boston University. May 24, 2017.
‘Object of Vision’: Non-Consensual Photographic Representations of Sexual Assault. Salem State University Research Day. May 5, 2016.
- Using Twitter to Teach #Audience Awareness. Re-presented at Writing Vertically: Salem State University Writing Pedagogy Conference. May 14, 2015.
- Searching for a Mother(land): Transgender Nationalism in Patrick McCabe’s Breakfast on Pluto. Re-presented at Salem State University Research Day. May 13, 2015.
- Healing from Trauma: Gendered Responses in Tim O’Brien’s The Things They Carried. Salem State University Research Day. May 13, 2015.
- Using Twitter to Teach #Audience Awareness. Engaging Practices: A UMass Boston Conference on the Teaching of Composition. March 28, 2015.
- Searching for a Mother(land): Transgender Nationalism in Patrick McCabe’s Breakfast on Pluto. Transatlantic Connections Conference 2. January 15-18, 2015.
Tales of a Webtext with 10 Authors: Pedagogical Affordances of Digital Collaboration Tools. Conference on College Composition and Communication (CCCC). April 6-9, 2016.
Writing a Thesis in the Digital Age. A Salem State University English Department Writing Workshop Panel. November 5, 2015.
Transmodality in Action: A Manifesto. Kairos: A Journal of Rhetoric, Technology, and Pedagogy. (with Kate Artz and Danah Hashem).
Navigating the Soundscape, Composing with Audio. Kairos: A Journal of Rhetoric, Technology, and Pedagogy, August 2016. (with Tanya Rodrigue, Kate Artz, Julia Bennett, M.P. Carver, Megan Grandmont, Dan Harris, Danah Hashem, Michael Rand, and Amy Zimmerman).
Teaching Composition Using Transcripts. Literacy & NCTE: The Official Blog of the National Council of Teachers of English, October 2017. (with Kate Artz and Danah Hashem).
Teaching Social Media Ethics Using Visual Rhetoric. Literacy & NCTE: The Official Blog of the National Council of Teachers of English, October 2017.
- Book Review of Understanding and Creating Digital Texts: An Activity-Based Approach. Write to Learn, Learn to Write. Salem State University, May 2016.
Honors & Awards:
2016 Salem State University School of Graduate Studies Distinguished Service Award for Scholarship
2015 Salem State University School of Graduate Studies Distinguished Service Award for Scholarship
2013 Graduated College of Arts & Sciences summa cum laude
2009-2013 Dean’s List of Distinguished Students
Grants & Fellowships:
2016 Professional Development Grant, Salem State University
2015 Professional Development Grant, Salem State University
2016-present National Council of Teachers of English
2015-present Pi Lambda Theta
2012-present National Society of Collegiate Scholars
2011-present Sigma Tau Delta
View or download a PDF of the file here.